Sunday, 24 April 2016

Picture Perfect Starfish & SIP Challenge #44


I've been working on a series of cards this week using the Emboss Resist technique.  It is a technique that I have really enjoyed playing with over the years.

Over at Stamp Ink Paper (SIP Challenge #44) there is an Inspiration Picture for the challenge this week - Fire Island Light House near Long Island. The beach theme or colours can be used as inspiration.
SIP 44 Lighthouse Inspiration 800
I wanted to use one of the starfish stamps (the lighter image) in the Stampin' Up! Picture Perfect set for this card.  I have embossed it using the Versamark ink pad and white embossing powder - which is a bit different to what people normally do with this technique - usually clear embossing is the way it is done.

I've then sponged over the panel with daubers.  The colours used here include Calypso Coral, Soft Suede, Tip Top Taupe, and Watermelon Wonder.  I would really love to make up some more cards using different colours for the starfish - when my daughter was working on a school project about starfish, we were amazed by the variety of colours (Google starfish on Google Images to see what I mean!).

I've made up my own glitter spray - mixing Derwant Matisse Iridescent Medium with water and spritzing the panel heavily so that the colours pool around the embossing.

Next remove the residue with paper towel and then remove the white embossing by heating the panel with an iron. In between the panel and iron I laid out tissue paper - and this lifts the layer of embossing off with the heat of the iron.

Finally I stamped over the top with one of my favourite sentiment stamps from "Hello Life" using Archival Basic Black ink.

I love the shine on the card - and the little bits of white embossing residue left behind.

Keep an eye on my blog and you will see some of the other cards that I have made using this technique. It is very addictive and fun so please give it a go!

Happy crafting!
Lisa xx

#StampinUp #StampinUpAustralia #PicturePerfect #HelloLife #EmbossResist #StampInkPaper #SIPChallenge #Challenge

2 comments:

  1. Lisa I love how you sponged the colors to go with your starfish--such a great color combo! Emboss Resist is always a fav! Thanks so much for joining us for the Stamp Ink Paper Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card Lisa!! I love the resist embossing technique but have never tried your version but am definitely going to give it a try. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Stamp Ink Paper :)

    ReplyDelete