Sunday, 29 November 2015

Storage idea for cardstock

http://www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx?dbwsdemoid=4011806
I've been on a bit of a cleaning and organising bug at home of late - and it has crept into the craft room!  Thank goodness because the small patch of desk that I'm stamping on is getting very very small!!

My cardstock has been driving me nuts.  I had a pile of offcuts growing very large and my whole A4 pieces were all jumbled up and not sorted into groups.  The solution - to grab a plastic tub that you can add hanging foolscap files to.  I grabbed this one at office works and I am going to go back and get another.  I have 50 colours of cardstock (complete and offcuts) to store - these include the 40 standard Stampin' Up! colours (Brights, Subtles, Regals & Neutrals), plus the 10 In Colour Cardstock.  I'd also like room for some retired coloured cardstock as well.  So with two tubs I'll be able to have a bit more wiggle room for getting cardstock in and out.  I love that this tub has a great clear lid with clasps to keep it in place - it will keep the dust and hopefully my 2 year-old son away!


http://www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx?dbwsdemoid=4011806
I saw this hanging file idea on Pinterest.  Some people were very tidy and printed tab labels off.  I've just handwritten my labels.  My idea was to use one of the label stickers from the back of my Stampin' Up! inkpads to show the colour.  I've used one of the foreign language ones and just placed it next to where I have written the colour name on the label.  It makes it easy to see what colour it is.
http://www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx?dbwsdemoid=4011806
So inside the hanging file for a colour I am going to have complete A4 sheets of cardstock and also offcuts of the same colour.  So far I have placed the offcuts in a plastic sleeve but I am going to change this and buy a clear A4 plastic envelope that clips shut - this way I can ensure that the offcuts don't go AWOL and end up in the bottom of the tub.
http://www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx?dbwsdemoid=4011806

Feeling pretty happy with how this has turned out so far. I think it will be easier to use up the scraps for tags and smaller elements on cards and also help me see when I need to order more cardstock in a particular colour.

Happy crafting!
Lisa xx

#StampinUp #StampinUpAustralia #CraftStorage #Cardstock #InkPadLabel


No comments:

Post a Comment