Sunday, 11 October 2015

Flowers Make Me Happy - Stamp Ink Paper Challenge #17 Floral Theme

http://stampinkpaper.com/2015/10/sip-challenge-17-theme/

Today I'm playing along with Stamp Ink Paper's Challenge #17 - Floral Theme.

SIP Theme 17 800 
As most of my stamping friends know I have a bit of an obsession with floral stamps.  I have drawers and drawers of them.  Some people have a thing for shoes - nope! not me - stamps and in particular floral stamps are my weakness.  So today I've used the Stampin' Up! stamp set Petite Petals.  I haven't used this stamp set a whole lot.  No reason why - just have grabbed other floral sets - so I wanted to use it for the challenge. I think I'll be getting it out more as it is a really easy set to work with and use on a variety of projects.
http://www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx?dbwsdemoid=4011806

I took some inspiration from the colours in the challenge photo too.  I started out colouring the pink flowers with my blender pen and ink from the Blushing Bride and Rose Red stamp pads.  For the purple flowers though, I used the blender pen to do the centre of the flowers with Tempting Turquoise ink, but used my aqua painter to do the petals with Blackberry Bliss ink.  Blackberry Bliss is such an intense colour it can over power the stamped image and lose the stamped lines. I picked up some colour with the aqua painter and squeezed the aqua painter on the lid of my Blackberry Bliss ink pad so that the colour would be watered down a lot.  I now have petals that haven't lost the detail of the stamp but still pick up the beautiful Blackberry Bliss colour. I then went back over the centre of the flower drawing out the Tempting Tuquoise colour into the Blackberry Bliss colour with my blender pen. I'm really happy with how the colours came out.

http://www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx?dbwsdemoid=4011806

I loved using the new Softly Falling Textured Impressions Embossing Folder from the Holiday Catalogue on my Perfect Plum base card.  Stampin' Up! have been releasing some great embossing folders in the bigger 15.2 x 15.2cm size - wonderful for larger projects.  Check out the other "ingredients" I have used to make this card below.

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

Thanks so much for joining me today. Make sure you head over to Stamp Ink Paper and check out all the wonderful creations over there.

Happy crafting!
Lisa xx

#StampinUp #StampinUpAustralia #StampInkPaper #Challenge #SIPChallenge #PetitePetals #SoftlyFalling



2 comments:

  1. So Pretty! I love how the Old Olive pops on that Perfect Plum background! Thanks so much for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper for our Floral Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is the most pretty and we are opposities. I so often have no idea what to do with flowers. Your flowers are perfect! Thank you for going us at the SIP #17.

    ReplyDelete