Friday, 22 May 2015

Our Hearfelt Thanks

http://www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx?dbwsdemoid=4011806

My Dad has been undergoing cancer treatment this year and he is just about to finish up the cycle of treatment.  Last week we received some fantastic news about his health for which we are very relieved.  Dad asked me to create a thank you card that he could give to the wonderful people conducting his treatment.  He has treatment everyday so has built up a great rapport with them.

http://www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx?dbwsdemoid=4011806

This card came about after seeing a fellow Stampin' Up! team member's Mother's Day card that she made for her Mum this year.  Jenna had used the Painted Petals stamp set from the Occasions Catalogue.  The colours used included Blackberry Bliss, Sahara Sand, Crumb Cake, Strawberry Slush and Pistachio Pudding.  I loved the layout, colours and EVERYTHING - and knew that I wanted to case it!!  I had the idea to change this card into a masculine card - using different stamps, embossing folder, punches, and colours.  The basic layout of the card remains the same - as does the use of the stripes and dots stamp from the Painted Petals stamp set.

http://www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx?dbwsdemoid=4011806

I've used the retiring stamp set "By The Seashore" as well as some stamps from "Painted Petals". Cardstock colours used are: Island Indigo, Sahara Sand, and Whisper White.  Ink colours are Baja Breeze (retired colour), Crumb Cake and Island Indigo. I've also used one of my favourite embossing folders: Pretty Print - it is in the clearance rack in my online store.

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


Don't forget to check out the Retiring Products, Weekly Deals and Clearance Racks in my Online Store.  Items have been selling out in the Retirement List - and once they are sold out they are gone for good!

I hope you have enjoyed seeing this project.
Happy crafting!
Lisa
#StampinUpAustralia  #StampinUp #Australia # WeeklyDeals #RetirementList #ByTheSeashore #PaintedPetals #ThankYou

No comments:

Post a Comment