Sunday, 10 May 2015

My Stampin' Up! Convention Swaps

http://www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx?dbwsdemoid=4011806
Part of the fun of Stampin' Up! Conventions is to create swaps.  At the start of convention everyone meets in the foyer and swaps card fronts with others.  By the end of this swapping session everyone has met new people and comes away with lots of new ideas to take home.

These are the swaps that I made - I've used the faux tearing technique.  As I am a very time poor mummy, I needed to make something that I could do in bulk fairly quickly.  To complete 50 of these I implemented a production line!
  • Whisper white panels cut to the same size
  • Tearing some white photo copy paper and laying it down on scrap.  I then slipped in two WW panels under the torn photocopy paper and placed some washi tape on the torn paper to hold it in place.
  • Then using my brayer and chosen inkpad - I rolled the brayer over the exposed cardstock.  The torn photocopy hides the middle of the WW panels.
  • I found that I could do 2 panels of WW at a time - and could then slip the panels out and then slip new panels under, however I could only do this change over 3 times before the photocopy paper started to leak the ink.
  • I didn't mind having to tear more photocopy paper as it was a good chance to change colours.  In the end I had quite a few swaps in multiple colours which was nice as the ladies were able to pick their favourite colour.
  • I then stamped with Memento tuxedo black ink the lace flower from Petal Potpourri stamp set and the sentiment from Hello Life stamp set (one of my favourite stamp sets!).
  • Last part of the production line was adhering with glue dots sequins and stars. 
I think they look rather striking!
http://www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx?dbwsdemoid=4011806
I hope you have enjoyed seeing this project.  I really love the effect of the faux tearing technique.  I do recommend having reinkers for your ink pads if you try this technique out as it does use the ink up fast!

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

Please contact me if you have any questions about this technique.

http://www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx?dbwsdemoid=4011806 
Don't forget the amazing deals from the retirement list. The items on the retirement list are up to 50% off in price too!! Get in quick - items on the list always sell out quickly and they are strictly only while stocks last.

The best way to grab them is to visit my online store and place your order as soon as possible.
Or contact me via email or mobile and let me know if you would like me to place an urgent order for you.

Happy crafting!
Lisa

#StampinUpAustralia  #StampinUp #Australia # WeeklyDeals #RetirementList #PetalPotpourri #HelloLife #FauxTearing #swaps #InspireCreateShare2015

No comments:

Post a Comment