Monday, 11 May 2015

My Stampin' Up! Convention Roomie Gifts

http://www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx?dbwsdemoid=4011806
For the recent Stampin' Up! Convention on the Gold Coast I was fortunate enough to share a holiday house with some lovely Stampin' Up! Demonstrators from Newcastle and Victoria.  There were 7 of us sharing the house which was only a short walk away from the convention centre. We all made up roomie gifts for each other - so it was a lot of fun to see the creativity of the other ladies!

Here is the gift that I made for each of my roomies.  I had fun with mixed media to create an individual note board for placing on a fridge or filing cabinet. For the backing board of the project I have use the very thick cardboard that comes with Stampin' Up! Designer Series Paper.  A lot of people would probably just chuck it out - but it is soooo useful for lots of projects!
http://www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx?dbwsdemoid=4011806
To prep the board I painted it with white gesso.  Once this was dried I tore up the Stacked With Love Designer Series Paper from the Occasions Catalogue creating an interesting collage of the papers when these were glued down with Liquid Multipurpose Glue.  Next I stamped the Bright & Beautiful Stars and die-cut these with the star framelits. I also cut stars out of plain coloured cardstock and then embossed with the Decorative Dots embossing folder. These were then adhered with the Liquid Multipurpose Glue.  Next I used the Stars Mask and some Impasto to give the project some more texture. I left the Impasto stars to dry out overnight.  Next I worked in some red paint to highlight the texture on the stars and embossed areas - I also painted around the edge of the project and worked the paint into the torn papers.  Last was sealing the project with some gloss varnish - though Crystal Effects would have worked here as well.
http://www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx?dbwsdemoid=4011806
Another fun part of the project was dressing up the plain note pads that I had bought from Daiso very cheaply.  The covers on the note pads are a white plastic - so I decided to use Jet Black Staz On Ink to stamp the sentiment and hearts on (both came from the Hello Life Stamp Set).  Staz On ink is a permanent ink that does not rub off plastic or glass surfaces so it looks wonderful on the notepads. To pull the project together I grabbed some super strong magnets (again from Daiso) - lucky for me they had red or white ones which worked perfectly with my project colours :)

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

I was pretty happy how the projects turned out. Each one was different too.

If you have any questions about this project send me a message. I rather enjoyed doing a bit of collage and mixed media for these gifts.

Happy crafting!
Lisa xx

#StampinUpAustralia  #StampinUp #Australia #HelloLife #InspireCreateShare2015 #MixedMedia #Collage

No comments:

Post a Comment