Tuesday, 26 May 2015

A Birthday Card For Cameron

http://www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx?dbwsdemoid=4011806
It was my hubby's birthday last Thursday!  Here is the fun card I created for him.  I love the colours and texture - and more importantly so did he!!

This card was created a little while back when I was making background panels with my crafty friend.  You might remember my posts on the "smooshing" technique - but if not click here to check them out:
Smooshing Dotty Angles Card 1
Smooshing Dotty Angles Card 2
A Smoosh For Mum

With this card you will notice the colours are even more vibrant.  We didn't spritz as much water this time - and we didn't smoosh the inks as much.  The result is pretty glorious.

I then used the Hexagon Hive Thinlits Die to cut out the black cardstock. With the cut out hexagons I embossed some white embossing powder on some stamped images from the Honeycomb Hello stamp set.  It is rather tricky to emboss teeny tiny pieces (without frying one's hand under the heat gun) so these did fly around a bit an knock some of the embossing powder off - plus I forgot to use my embossing buddy (tsk tsk!).  Anyway, I'm pretty happy with the card overall - and Cameron keeps saying how much he likes it.

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

Just a reminder about Scrap Against Slavery's upcoming retreat Let's Scrap Against Slavery - click here to see the details on the Facebook Site. The event is a weekend scrapbooking and cardmaking retreat - 12th June-14th June. You can go to one or both days, go to extra workshops, as well as bring along your own craft to work on at the retreat. I am really excited to be presenting a workshop on the Sunday morning.  If you would like to attend the event you need to register by this Friday 29th May.

Happy crafting!
Lisa xx
P.S. Don't forget these important notes:
Stampin' Up! Retirement List is selling out quickly and finishes 2nd June.
Occasions Catalogue finishes 2nd June
Clearance Rack - up to 80% off products
Weekly Deals - new deals every Wednesday
New Annual Catalogue 2015-2016 - starts 2nd June
New Annual Catalogue 2015-2016 Launch - Sunday 28th June at Edgeworth Bowling Club - click here for more details and to RSVP!

#HexagonHiveThinlits #HoneycombHello #BigShot #Smooshing #2015-2016 #AnnualCatalogue #StampinUp #StampinUpAustralia #RetirementList #OccasionsCatalogue

No comments:

Post a Comment